The largest, globally distributed cloud storage solution on the market
An essential element to scaling Akamai’s high-quality delivery and media workflow solutions. Providing reliable storage that is dedicated to the transfer of content in a secure, persistent, and geographically replicated method to enable digital content optimization and flexible data transfer.
NetStorage is a highly scalable, feature-rich cloud storage solution, offering automatic geo-distributed content replication for resiliency, high availability, and performance.
With architecture that is always reliable and available NetStorage offers the best features that deliver quality performances to address your storage needs. The solution automatically replicates all content across multiple geographic regions for insurance and resilience purposes. The dynamic intelligence capability uses built-in traffic management to identify optimal storage locations, closest to the end-user, via an integrated Global Traffic Management (GTM) algorithm. The scalable infrastructure is able to remove the burden of storage capacity planning, while supporting rapid on-demand storage needs for services such as DVR functionality for live streaming events.
In addition, NetStorage offers flexible content management. It supports all varieties of upload methods including premium uploads (using Aspera Upload Acceleration), standard uploads, self-service integration, as well as streaming solution and transparency.
– Gain resiliency and online media performance through global distribution across more than 40 regions by placing online content closer to end users
– Improve online viewer engagement as the network dynamically selects the highest performing region from which to serve content and rapidly delivers it to the viewer
– Replicate online content easily when a geographical location needs higher media delivery performance without the need to re-upload content
– Reduce budgeting complexity through a simple, “storage-used” pricing model – no complex calculations based on reads, writes and bandwidth
– Streamline online storage capacity planning and support rapid on-demand storage needs for media delivery services such as DVR for live streaming
– Simplify online media workflows with complementary storage for cloud-based video on-demand transcoding services
Integrate into customer environments with flexible content management, support for standard transfer protocols such as FTP and SCP, as well as NetStorage HTTP API, or take advantage of premium accelerated file transport using Aspera’s patented FASP™ technology